Did you know eating a diet high in vegetables is one of the best ways to prevent chronic disease and maintain a healthy weight? High vegetable consumption can lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, prevent some types of cancer, improve blood sugar regulation, and promote that feeling of fullness that keeps us out of the snack pantry. Vegetables are nutritional powerhouses! Yet, only 1 in 10 adults get the recommended 2-3 cups of vegetables per day.
Think eating veggies means a boring, green salad? Think again! Here are some fresh ways to add more vegetables to your day:
1. Throw leafy greens (like spinach) into smoothies.
2. Swap out chips for cut, fresh veggies and hummus.
3. Throw these vegetable kebabs on the grill for a perfect addition to your summer cookout.
4. Turn your vegetables into noodles with an inexpensive spiralizer.
5. Add three veggies to your next pizza.
Leave a Reply