Hemophilia Outreach Center Memorial Scholarship Program
The Hemophilia Outreach Center acknowledges the financial impact that a bleeding disorder can have on affected individuals. It supports these individuals by providing funding for educational scholarships.
- Have a confirmed diagnosis of hemophilia, von Willebrand disease or platelet defect or
- Be the child, parent, spouse or sibling of a person with hemophilia or von Willebrand disease or platelet defect and
- Reside in one of the following counties: Brown, Calumet, Door, Florence, Fond du Lac, Forest, Kewaunee, Langlade, Manitowoc, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Oneida, Outagamie, Shawano, Waupaca or Winnebago or upper Michigan or be an active patient of the Hemophilia Outreach Center
- Enroll full time (12 or more credits per semester) or
- Part time (2-11 credits) in
- An undergraduate course of study at a college or university
- Or a course of study at a vocational/technical college
- Previous recipients may re-apply (with stipulations)
The Hemophilia Outreach Center staff or Board of Directors are not involved in any way in the selection process of the scholarship recipients. The program is administered by Literacy Green Bay. The selection process is based solely on the information provided in the application. It is the final decision of Literacy Green Bay as to the winners of each yearly scholarship.
Scholarship recipients may reapply each year that they continue to meet the eligibility requirements. Applications are available beginning in early January.
Visit the Literacy Green Bay Website at www.literacy greenbay.org.
Any questions, please call Betsy at Literacy Green Bay at 920-435-2474 ext.104 or email email@example.com
Education is the cornerstone to gainful employment, earning a living wage and obtaining adequate healthcare insurance. Many adults, who did not pursue advanced education following high school, now cannot afford to pay for more education due to varying circumstances.
In accordance with our mission to educate and empower those in the bleeding disorder community, we have established this scholarship program. Winners will be chosen by the Program Administrator, Literacy Green Bay.
Other places to apply for bleeding disorder scholarships
Also most pharmaceutical companies where you purchase your factor offer scholarships. Be sure to check them out!